Tempest Rising (Jane True Series #1)

Tempest Rising - Nicole Peeler Pages read: 110/359. Conclusion: Life is too damn short.I knew early on that I was never going to finish this book. The death knell went off every few pages. It failed to suck me in. It was not funny even though it tried to be. There was a stereotypical lesbian couple (the butch one and the pretty one). Odd behaviour concerning a corpse -not necrophilia, though that would've been 1000x more interesting. The strange supernatural reveal and Jane's reaction to her mother's secret. I didn't feel anything for Jane. And the list goes on and on.Ryu, the vampire love interest. I'm not sure what it was about him but he was a complete turn-off, which is probably to be expected since this has been compared to Sookie Stackhouse, meaning Ryu = Bill. This comparison is also an insult to the Sookie series which was actually entertaining.Anyon - He caught my eye. I know he's a shifter even though we haven't been told but I expected him to be Jane's love interest. And for some reason, I sense a love triangle forming at some point. I detest love triangles.Although my overall perception of this book was negative there were a few things I liked: the beautiful cover art to lure unsuspecting readers, the name of the bookstore "Read It and Weep", and Jane as her father's carer feeling trapped in a town that hates her. Reading Tempest Rising was a struggle which I'm not prepared to continue. I know they say "no pain, no gain" but I think I'll gain little from finishing this so I'm not prepared to even try.