Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, Book 3)

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night - Kresley Cole Severed hands, legs, feet, fingers. Good grief, I know these guys are immortal warriors but could we keep the severed limbs to a minimum please. It makes me queasy. It's the only kind of gore that I could go without, everything else including severed heads (I don't know why) is just dandy.Anyway, it's poor Bowen's turn to find his mate. Oh wait, he all ready found his mate and ran her into an early death. And they only get one. Oh dear. So how can he possibly have a book in a series where mates must be found and claimed? Well, it isn't quite that simple. No, he doesn't get two, that would be too easy. After losing the Hie, he's devastated he can't go back in time to re-claim his mate before her death and is confused as to why Nucking Futs Nix (hehe) told him he would find his mate by entering this competition. And it seems he's been ignoring his urges and instincts, which in this instance, goes completely against standard male behaviour. If you find a pretty girl who's the first to drive you absolutely crazy after a couple of hundred years, why hold back? All this talk of loyalty for a dead mate means nothing when you haven't had sex in so long. Men. I will never understand them. Could she be a reincarnation of his mate? Is he lucky enough to get two? Or is this a trick?Enjoyable but predictable in places plus the nausea -3.5 stars.