Genesis - Bernard Beckett Holy fucking shit, Batman! Holy fucking shit! *SPLAT!* My brain has exploded. I am blown away by the awesomeness of this little book.Firstly, I owe a huge thank you to Lyndsey's review for inspiring me to read this because HOLY CRAP, HOOOOLY CRAP! This is the dystopian book to end all dystopian books. Doesn't matter if you think this sort of thing isn't for you, or if you're disillusioned with the genre. At the very least this book will make you THINK. Think about the state of humanity, its limitations and where it is heading. Think about the pursuit of happiness, our curiosity, our technological advances. If the world ended as we know it tomorrow and we had a chance to start again from scratch, could we truly create a utopian society? Could we succeed in creating something we could be proud of? Or are we a doomed species hopelessly cursed to repeat the same mistakes?Brain power is needed to read this, especially for the Third Hour chapter because damn if that wasn't a mind-bending philosophical debate regarding what it is to be human. I had to take a break to recharge the old batteries and when I returned to it...the jaw dropped and I had to re-read a paragraph because OH...MY...GOD I did not see That coming, That was a game changer, It brought a whole new meaning to what I had read. Genesis is a small book, an expensive one, so expensive I decided to borrow it from the library but I must have a copy. It's absolutely worth the money. This book may be less than 200 pages but you could write a dissertation on it. Seriously. Don't read up on this book, don't research it, just find a copy and read the hell out of it. Go in blind and discover for yourself the reason why I have given this the highest possible rating.