Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers #1) - Lisa Kleypas As a Kleypas virgin, I had to know what all the fuss was about. I've not read much historical romance so I didn't know what I was getting myself into but I'm very glad I picked this up. I understand now why this author has so many devoted fans.Four young single ladies come together to help each other find husbands. They decide as a group that Annabelle as the oldest should be the first to be married off.Simon Hunt as a predator determined to snag his prey (Annabelle) was excellent. I loved the way he looked at his competition, the supposedly superior upper classes who disgusted both me and him when they purposely snubbed the gorgeous and unattached Annabelle so she'd be so desperate when she couldn't find someone decent to marry her she'd be forced to become some dishonourable (and possibly married) man's mistress. When Simon learned she'd most likely go to the highest bidder, I could actually imagine his feral grin as he realised he was the richest man in England and therefore most likely to get her. Despite being looked down upon for growing up working class and being of "new" money, Simon was a better man for knowing the value of hard work and money earned, as well as a woman with a brain. I was very pleased when he taught Annabelle how to play chess and encouraging her to be interested in his work.This was a heart-warming and funny story. I will most definitely be reading more from this author.