Storm's Heart (Elder Races #2) - Thea Harrison After falling in love with Dragon Bound I didn't want to read this one because nothing could live up to that first book. Nothing. And it didn't. Not even close.I liked Tricks before this book but here she was a bit irritating here. Irritatingly perfect at times. Everyone falls in love with her. And the one person who doesn't is the villain. A villain I identified very early on. I was unhappy to be proved right. I was hoping for it to be someone I'd never considered. Tricks and Tiago together didn't quite feel right. Sure they had some funny flirtatious times but they were thrown together out of need. Tricks needed to be protected, from assassins and from herself (she doesn't know when to stop working and look after herself), and he needed a new challenge because he's easily bored if he's not out fighting. They both got what they needed but did they love each other? I can't answer in the positive because I wasn't convinced. They never really got to know each other. Character development was poor in this book compared to Dragon Bound. We barely got to know the supporting cast, even characters that were introduced in book #1 weren't given much page time. I hope Serpent's Kiss is more like Dragon Bound than Storm's Heart.