Rage - Jackie Morse Kessler Ever felt so rage-filled with the lust for violent vengeance that you've envisioned slaughtering someone? I've done this, we've probably all done this at one time. However, we don't always act on it and instead find an outlet to work through it but Missy allows herself only one outlet, a painfully unhealthy one -cutting herself.You could see some of her need to 'let out the badness' as she feels like she has no one to talk to when her parents are mostly too busy with work to spend time with their children and Missy has been at war (pun intended) with her younger sister since she started high school and turned into Missy's opposite, the barbie-doll cheerleader. What Missy didn't realise until later was that she always had someone on her side -Erica, the childhood friend she had pushed away but came to her aid at a crucial moment, saving her life:"I want to die," Missy said, her soul naked and raw. "I'll be there in two minutes," Erica said.I loved Erica in that moment.I didn't enjoy Rage as much as I did Hunger, maybe because cutting is not something the author has personally experienced (see Author's Note) though it's evident that it's been extremely well-researched but I did feel Missy's pain and embarrassment regarding a mother of all acts of bullying and the cyber-bullying afterwards.I was unhappy that my thirst for righteous karmic justice for Missy wasn't quenched. People deserved to pay and although I commend Missy's strength in turning the other cheek, I wanted them to feel her pain. To suffer as she had at their hands. Perhaps that's me being bloody-minded but I secretly hoped something nasty befalls those that hurt her and wished her dead.Missy's blinding rage, the urge to hunt and kill her enemies, her blood lust, I could fully understand and couldn't fault her for it. I could even forgive her if she'd acted on it. Her bullies as well as the bystanders should understand this isn't acceptable because you can never predict what someone is capable of in retaliation, why we should always strive to treat others as we want to be treated. Just in case.I was glad to see that her being recruited for the position of War (and Death's handmaiden) helped her accept herself as she is with Death's help. Which reminds me there are some funny pokes at Death: i.e. Missy slamming the door in his face, lusting after and kissing him, etc.Despite my disappointment in my unfulfilled need for vengeance this is still a great book with amazing insights into the world today and would definitely recommend it to others. I'm looking forward to Loss on Pestilence, who intrigued me with his mental as well as physical illness in this instalment.