Happy Emancipation Day!
180 years ago on August 1st slavery was abolished in the British Empire with the commencement of the 1833 Slavery Abolition Act.
Here’s what I posted in July:
- Have I compromised my integrity by reviewing free ARCs?
- Victories for British Feminism?: Women Bishops and Parliamentary Promotions [=4]
- Daily Mail’s Downing Street Catwalk [=9]
- “I’m melting!” 
- American Fairy Tales by L. Frank Baum 
- Nelson Mandela’s Favorite African Folktales [=9]
- The Annotated Pride and Prejudice: A Revised and Expanded Edition by Jane Austen 
- Tender Hearts Taste Better in Butter by Weston Ochse 
- Love Story by Jeanne C. Stein 
- Through the Looking Glass (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland #2) by Lewis Carroll [=4]
[order of popularity]
Thank you for reading!